Dentist in Pittsburgh, PA
All our professionals at Nicole Chenet, DDS maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in dentistry.
Nicole Chenet, DDS
Dr. Nicole D. Chenet completed her DDS degree from West Virginia University School of Dentistry in 2000. In May 2001, Dr. Chenet began her practice in Pittsburgh, Pa. Since then, she has aggressively pursued postgraduate education in taking over 1100 hours of continuing education (and counting) in order to provide the best technological and clinical skills for her patients. As a respected member of the dental community, Dr. Chenet was named one of Pittsburgh Magazine's top dentists by her peers. She always attempted to maintain treatment options that are conservative in nature with beautiful results. With extensive education in orthodontics, Invisalign, dental sleep medicine, cosmetics, and implants, Dr. Chenet was always able to provide the best treatment options for her patients.
Since 2015, her practice is limited to the treatment of patients with snoring and sleep apnea. She has the honor of being the Dental Sleep Medicine provider for Allegheny General Hospital Center for Sleep Medicine. Due to her dedication to the study of dental sleep medicine, she is able to provide patients with a CPAP alternative that can be worn in their mouth. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine. This is the highest level of education that can be achieved in this field. Currently, there are 270 dentists nationwide and internationally who have earned this certification. She also holds an Advanced TAP-PAP certification. Her unique blend of orthodontic correction and sleep apnea options allows the patient to make an educated decision on what is best for their individual needs.
Dr. Chenet is not only recognized for her expertise in the field of dental sleep medicine in the Greater Pittsburgh Area but nationally as well. She is a lecturer in local and national conferences and seminars.
Dr. Chenet is a member of the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine and the American Dental Association.
Dr. Chenet and her husband, J. Robert Chenet, OD are blessed to have three children and feel very fortunate that they are able to practice and raise their family in their native Pittsburgh area.
Dr. Chenet is a participating medical provider in Aetna, Cigna, Health America/Coventry, Highmark, Medicare, TriCare, United Healthcare and UPMC.
- Undergraduate: West Virginia University; 1993-1996
- Dental School: West Virginia University; 1996-2000
- University of Rochester, Contemporary Dental Esthetics Mini- Residency ; Jan - April 2001
- Pittsburgh Dental Network; Oct 2001-May 2004
- Pine Creek Dental Study Club; Sept 2001-May 2003
- Great Lakes Education Center, Cerec Basic and Advanced Training; 2001, 2002
- Dawson Education Center; Feb, May 2005
- Cerec Advanced Dental Studies, American Society for Clinical Research; July 2007-Dec 2007
- Invisalign Certification I and II; March 2006, Sept 2008
- Center for Occlusal Studies, Straight Wire Mechanics: Dr. Jay Gerber; October 2008-November 2010, Essential, Advanced, and Masters Orthodontic Studies
- Center for Occlusal Studies, Dental Sleep Mini- Residency, Dr. Dennis Bailey, UCLA: September 2011-November 2011.
- DNA , Epigenetic Orthodontics Certification Level 1,2,3,4 : Dr. David Singh, Dr. Martha Cortes, 2011,2012
- Advanced TAP , TAP PAP certification, Dr. Keith Thornton , 2012
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Academy of Laser Dentistry (past)
- Academy of Computerized Dentistry (past)
- Cerec “Office of the Month”; July 2005
- Pittsburgh Magazine Top Dentist Award 2011
- Woman of Distinction, June 2017
Publications and Media Interviews
Women’s Dental Journal “Impossible Timing becomes a Treatment Reality”
- This article documented my treatment experience for a female patient working for the government in Afghanistan. She would return for treatment in intervals. Cerec technology and lab coordination enabled timely treatment in an unusual circumstance.
Whirl Magazine, April 2009 “Beauty at any Age”
- This article interviewed select dentists, doctors and health coaches on healthy treatment approaches for each generation.
Whirl Magazine; May 2009 “Moms on the Move”
- Mother’s Day feature interviewing successful business women in the Pittsburgh area.
KDKA TV, Pittsburgh Today Live
- I was invited to speak about teeth whitening options and Invisalign.
Hours and Location
Comfort and convenience are the hallmarks of Nicole Chenet, DDS's office operations. To ensure your convenience, below is the information you need about our hours, location, appointment scheduling, and door-to-door directions.
Nicole Chenet, DDS
490 E. North Ave
Sleep Center, Suite 309
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
200 Commerce Dr
Moon Township, PA 15108
Central phone for all locations: (412) 367-0367
Fax: (412) 367-0366
|Monday:||Closed - Phones Answered From 9am to 3pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 3:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 2:30 PM|
|Thursday:||08:00 AM - 03:00 PM|
|Friday:||Closed - Phones answered From 9am to 2pm|